Immanuel's congregation was founded by immigrant Germans in 1895, and it took many years to build our first church on Conant Street on Manchester's "west side." In 1926 the congregation celebrated being free of debt on the construction. Services were held in both German and English for many years through World War II. Our last divine service here was held on Sunday, August 26, 1964. Today we still have several members who were baptized, confirmed, and married at this lovely place.
188 Conant Street, Manchester, NH, around 1920